Scott, the usual ways you learn any tool. Play with a test instance. Then read your logs, read the docs, take part in a community such as the one here, read some blogs, go to some user groups, buy some books, read the books. Listen to your users' requests and ask them "why?" rather than just doing what they ask
I'm assuming you mean JIRA admin so for a JIRA book, I like Practical JIRA Administration, O'Reilly because it has my name on it.
I'd say it was where I am now - in an Atlassian training course at Summit with Jamie Sawyer.
As Atlassian University training has just started at Atlassian Summit 2016 I have to say this should be one of the first answers.
I will check out your book! Thanks!
I have been a JIRA engineer for many years and I can honestly say that Matt's book is a clear, easy to read explanation of the core JIRA Admin concepts.
It's actually pretty small and easy to read: all stuff, no fluff.I would recommend it to any aspiring JIRA admin.
The copy I read was written for JIRA 4.x IIRC, but most the core concepts have not changed.
Matt, has this ever been revised for newer JIRA versions?
I will be there tomorrow (a day late, but will learn a lot while I am there). Thank you
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.