I need a JQL statement that will find all issues linked to epics that have reached a particular state in their workflow. We do a fair amount of work in getting our epics set up before placing them into work in process and need to filter out the noise of epics in the early stages of their life cylce.
"Epic Link" is not EMPTY and Status = " XYZ"
Thanks Tarun, but I see I should have been more careful with my wording. Not the status of the issue but the status of epic it is linked to. I don't know if this is possible but it would be more like.
"Epic Link" in (All Epics with status = "R&D Backlog")
Is there a syntax for the stuff in parenthesis?
Hi Jay,
I'm afraid this isn't possible in OnDemand. For the download version there's a plugin called Script Runner. And do stuff like:
issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = XXX AND issuetype = Task AND status = Closed")
But I'm afraid that isn't possible on the OnDemand version (yet).
Best,
Maarten
Hi Maarten,
Your answer will give subtasks but the question is about linkedIssues not subtasks.
Done -
issueFunction in hasLinkType("Epic-Story Link") and issuetype = Epic and status = "R&D Backlog"
Too bad you can't use the best JIRA plugin - script runner just becasue your using ondemand!
I am trying to do something similar but I getting the following error.
image2015-3-17 13:23:25.png
I tried other link types (blocks, cloners, etc) and they would fine. Has anyone else seen this?
This is the JQL which I tried :
"Epic Link" = Epic ticket(ABC-12, which is Epic).
Tarun good find on the Epic story Link !
Is there a reference on the Data Types in JCL for Jira
Please advise
This worked for me
"Epic Link" = EPIC-123
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.