I'm not sure "issue template" makes a lot of sense in JIRA, but based on my guess at what you mean, try https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens
Let me be more specific. I want to add a selection field as a mandatory field when a user creates an Issue but I only want this selection field to be added to issues created with a specific project which I created
Yup, that's perfectly clear, thanks. The link I gave covers it. Although there is the option it barely mentions - put the field on all screens, but give it a "context" of just that one project.
Thank you. here's a follow-up. Within a project, when creating an issue, how do I control what project selections are available? What I'm trying to do is make sure the only project an issue would be assigned to is the project in which you are creating the issue in.
I'm sorry, that doesn't make sense - you've chosen the project already when you are creating an issue.
Please choose the contexts where this configuration will be applicable. Note that this will apply to only issues with the selected issue type as above.
Apply to issues under selected projects
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.