My company has just started up with Jira, and I'm a bit confused on the best way to configure it when it comes to user groups, project roles etc.
The situation is this:
- My company, let's call it "The Enterprise" want to use Jira to manage our software development. We have a few inhouse developers, and hire consultants to do most of the development. There are typically from 1 to 10 consultants from each consulting company for each project.
- I want to use Jira to manage about 10 systems.
- We use differenct consultant companies to develop different solutions.
- The consultant companies should be able to see/edit just their project/projects issues.
- Our employees can see/edit issues i all projects.
What is the best way to organize Jira to help me achieve this?
Should all users be in one group? Should i create one user group per consulting company?
Should I use the default schemes for security, issues etc, or should I create my own default schemes.