Hi
I am putting together a support desk and ticketing system using Jira. This system will be accessible to people from different organisations - each person will have their own Jira user account. Because there will people from different organisations with issues in the ticketing system, I need to restrict visibility of the issues so that people from other organisations don't see other organisations issues, so therefore the "Browse Project" permission for that project is restrictive. Users have visibility of issues they have reported as the "Browse Project" permission for the project includes the Reporter.
But, what I need to be able to do is make the particular issue visible to other people within the same organisation. One option I've looked at is simply adding other people from the same organisation as watchers. But the "Browser Project" does not have an option to include the Issue Watchers. I can enter the name of the other users as watchers, but when I try to save it, it comes up and says that the user entered as a watcher cannot be added because "does not have permission to view this issue".
So I'm stuck 
I've run into this problem previously as a user of Jira submitting issues to Atlassian support where I wanted to be able to see issues reported by myself and other people in the same company that I worked for. They were able to give me visibility of those issues I think by adding me as a watcher to issues created by other people in my company.
So I'd be interested in finding out whether other people (either customers of Atlassian or Atlassian support) on how they have achieved this.
Thanks
David