Hi,
I am trying to make a Confluence addon that will access Jira Rest api. I am a complete newbie in this and I have been having trouble to find a place to start.
Thanks for your help.
For writing a Confluence add on, start at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+Developer+Documentation
For the basics of using Jira's REST interface, I'd recommend a look through the tutorials - see https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+APIs
The main problem I am having right now is accessing Jira Api from a confluence addon.
There's not a lot we can tell you - you haven't defined the problem beyond "I can't access it", and the best answer to that is in the documentation.
you can try with jersy libraries as follows
package com.rest.client; import com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client; import com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientResponse; import com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource; import com.sun.jersey.api.client.filter.HTTPBasicAuthFilter; public class RESTclient { public static void main(String[] args) { try { Client client = Client.create(); client.addFilter(new HTTPBasicAuthFilter("username", "password")); WebResource webResource = client.resource("http://localhost:9090/rest/api/2/issue/JIRA-430"); String input="{\"fields\": {\"customfield_10156\": \"Testing through REST\"} }"; ClientResponse response = webResource.type("application/json").put(ClientResponse.class, input); String output = response.getEntity(String.class); System.out.println(output); } catch (Exception e) { e.printStackTrace(); } } }
add the following dependencies in pom.xml
<dependency> <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId> <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId> <version>2.3</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.sun.jersey</groupId> <artifactId>jersey-client</artifactId> <version>${jersey.client.version}</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.sun.jersey.contribs</groupId> <artifactId>jersey-multipart</artifactId> <version>${jersey.client.version}</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.sun.jersey.contribs</groupId> <artifactId>jersey-apache-client</artifactId> <version>${jersey.client.version}</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.sun.jersey</groupId> <artifactId>jersey-json</artifactId> <version>${jersey.client.version}</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.sun.jersey</groupId> <artifactId>jersey-bundle</artifactId> <version>1.8</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency>
If there is a SSO (I guess it is it, or magic Crowd, whatever) and I access both, Confluence and Jira with the same credentials. How to access Jira REST api from Confluence plugin, so a user doesn't have to provide credentials to jira, but the one from the currently logged in user are used?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.