I am working on setting up the automatic issue creation by email. I am successful for one project...I use the default 'jira@mydomain.atlasssian.net' and associate that to one of my projects using a mail handler.
But I have more than one project. Is it possible to create additional email accounts, one for each project...eg.
project1@mydomain.atlasssian.net'project2@mydomain.atlasssian.net'project3@mydomain.atlasssian.net'
Then add seperate mail handlers for each of those.
Thanks Simon.
Could you confirm if I can use Exchange as a mail server? If so, how would that be done?
Hi Christoph,
In the OnDemand version of JIRA, only one email account is available for incoming issue creation via email. I'm afraid it is a limitation of the OnDemand version.
This limitation is not present in the download version of JIRA.
Sorry for the bad news
-Simon
You should be able to use Exchange for a mail server. See our documentation here - we also have an example using Gmail that should apply to Exchange.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email
Ok thanks. I'll take another look. I thought I read somewhere that you could not use exchange since it is not techincally POP3/IMAP.
Did a bit of digging, and I'm afraid that SMTP mail servers (like exchange) are not supported in OnDemand.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.