Hi guys!
This is the first time I am using JIRA for our system development. Ive used a lot of project management and so far I believe that we finally hit the jackpot with JIRA. I know it is based on scrum methodology and I have been studying the essentials when it comes to SCRUM methodology.
Here is our workflow with JIRA
- Create a Project ( IRIS )
- Create EPICS. For our EPICS I use the Main modules as an EPIC
- Then I create issues then assign it to an EPIC if its connected to them. Then create sub tasks under one issue just in case one issue needs more tasks to accomplish.
- Then basically prioritize on which are to be put into each sprint. Then it would show on the boards.
My questions and here is where I need some expert help from you guys 
- When I edit an issue why is there an issue list down box? What is this for?
- So this is where I just get confused.
- When we put it on sprint, it means that the developers are working on it right?
- When issues are placed on sprint 1 it goes to the ToDo board. What does this mean?
- What does In Progress mean and the done board?
- Since this is our workflow with our development team.
- We design / R&D the modules
- We submit to the development team
- We prioritize which are to be coded first
- They code and upload it on our IRIS BETA ( sandboxed )
- We test it on IRIS BETA
- Submit bug reports
- They code and fix it
- If already working we upload into the final version
- WE test the uploads on the final version.
- How do i do these on JIRA so we would understand the following?
- Its being coded after design and R&D has finished
- It has been uploaded on IRIS BETA and ready for testing by us.
- Bug testing is on going by us
- Bug testing reports have been submitted by us
- They are recoding to fix the bugs? ( The dev team)
- Upload into the final version ( i think this is the release hub? )
- Test the uploads on the final version
- Implement to users?
Thank you for the help guys! I really need it. I am confident JIRA would help us a lot but its just confusing the learning curve is high 
Thanks again!