As Bryan mentioned above - we finally have a solution for this! Love to hear all your feedback https://www.atlassian.com/software/team-central
I don't think it is available as a plugin. One of the questions that followed the presentation, (skip to 28:20 in the online presentation) was about what tool was used and Ron Romain described it as a simple microservice of about 1200 lines based on Node.js
You could use Filter Subscriptions, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/receiving-search-results-via-email-185729664.html
Yep. Other wise, it's just a JIRA project specifically for projects :-) We use the same at my company but we also include a lot more information in it that's needed to track the project.
MarkW - Did you write an email program to send out status? We're on Jira Cloud and I'm trying to figure out how to do this? Getting that last comment is crucial for making this successful. (The Filter Subscriptions suggestion doesn't send the last Comment.)
Hi @Jane Sherman - No, I had not written an email program, yet. I was only stating that we use a JIRA project like Project Central except ours is called Project Description and it houses all sorts of project information with some automation built in.
The connect add-on we use for sending out weekly emails isn't available as a plugin yet. It's a short connect based add-on that run's weekly to aggregate what people are watching and highlight any changes made in the previous week. A few other things are aggregated by it as well, like new projects, but overall that's what it does. We currently don't have a definite timeline on when the connect add-on will be made available.
@Ronald Romain, could you clarify if Atlassian intends to develop the connect add-on as a plugin? I'm sure we're not alone in wanting to leverage it
Any updates on this?
I'd like to second this request for info. I'd also like to see this available in Cloud. Thanks!
@Ron Romain ?
Since the link in @bryan_morgan's response is broken, I'd like to leave a link to the presentation he mentions on Slideshare: https://www.slideshare.net/GoAtlassian/cutting-through-the-noise-breaking-down-hierarchical-communication-channels-and-silos
If anyone is still interested in this topic, we're currently looking into what we can do in this area and would love to speak to any customers looking to improve how they align their teams status updates, at scale.
Feel free to reach out and I'll set something up to share how we're going and would love to learn from you! smansour at atlassian dot com
If folks are interested, we also have a community group around this : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Team-Central/gh-p/teamcentral
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.