How do I delete a step from a workflow? It appears this may be a known bug https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Cannot+Add+Transitions+or+Delete+Steps+in+Draft+Workflows
The step doesn't have any transitions and I can't figure out how to add transtions so issues that are moved to this step are stuck.
It should normally allow you to add transitions in draft state. Nevertheless, you can create a copy of the workflow, make all changes, add it in a copy of the workflow scheme and migrate the project to that scheme.
Not as easy as publishing a draft, but that will work for sure.
I have no idea Btw, I have done it directly in the database by replacing workflow XML. That needs a scheduled outage but it is quicker!
It is not an option in onDemand though.
Are there plans to change this behavior? We have workflows with over 65,000 issues associated with them. Making a copy if the workflow and migrating the projects means the project users are "locked out" while the migration takes place.
How many issues are in each of your projects? I find that those with under 500 tickets or so are fairly quick for reassociating workflow schemes (users would not be "locked out"). If you have a large amount of tickets in your projecs, you might want to consider moving the inactive/outdated ones to an archived project so that your working project is quicker and more efficient.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.