I, Nicole created a new workflow step called 'To Be Verified' which is available when the ticket is 'Inprogress'. When this is the current status there are two buttons available for the user to select -- 'Verified Fixed' and 'Not Verified Fixed'. I created a Post Function transition - 'Assign the issue to the default user from the Business Analyst role.' but did not select 'Skip if Assignee as I am the only BA that manages incidents for this project. Paul Frank (Project Lead) and myself are the only members of the Business Analyst group I am set as the default user.
When the user selects 'Not Verified Fixed' she get the workflow screen, which includes the Assignee and Comment field. She doesn't change the assignee; enters a comment and clicks the 'Not Verified Fixed' button. The tickets is automatically assigned to Paul Frank. I expect that it would be assigned to me based on the Post Function that I added to that step.
I have tested different scenarios but the one that was most surprising was when I added myself as the Project Lead and set the default assign to unassigned and it still assign to Paul Frank. What other setting could be causing this to happen? Is this a bug in the system?