I have made a new template that I need to share with other collegues. I didn't find an export feature for templates. When I searched answers I got this link of a workaround https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39200/is-there-a-way-to-export-a-global-template-for-use-in-another-instance-of-confluence
which even doesn't work as of current Confluence 5.x
Is there a way to perform this in a clean way?
Hello Difikra, most of workaround that have been mentioned require an installed version, or to have people on the same instance/network. Nevertheless this has been brought up previously, and was a request filed under this bug tracker ticket.
You may post your usage case to that thread, and encourage others to do so as means to increase the feature request visibility. More about how we categorize new feature requests can be reviewed here.
Hey Difikra,
One Idea would be this:
Another option would be to us the source editor plugin (it's free) and then click in the '<>' icon while in editing the desired template you will be able to get the storage format code.
Doing that you can save it into a file and send to the colleagues you want and then these colleagues can add the this code into their template using the source code editor.
Is not an optimal solution but I hope it helps.
Other colleagues are not on same company to access another space, it is like I want to share to anonyomous.
The source editor plugin is not available for onDemand Confluence.
I really don't know why this is that hard???????
I have added comment, and voted for the feature.
the sourceeditor is a good idea, thank you (even if the variables are not!! copied correctly, i found this as the best way)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.