Hello. I'm a complete noob to creating workflows (in Jira or elsewhere) and am growing increasingly confused by the jira documentation, videos, etc., online. Hopefully, someone out there can help get me back on track.
I need to create a workflow for creating documentation (Confluence). I have the process of what the writer needs to do and what the reviewers/approvers need to do all planned out. The problem is that I can't figure out how to translate that into a jira work space.
For example, let's say we go from Open to Assign to Writer to Create Content (Create Content consists of plan, research, write) and then on to review. Should there be a separate status for plan, research and write, or should there just be a Create Content status that is associated with In Progress (and the steps within Create Content not mentioned at all)?
Any advice is much appreciated.