When in my product board's Backlog view, I have noticed that my team members can edit fields or perform actions on an issue directly without opening up the issues details view (including Epics and "Close") that I cannot. How can I configure the options that appear on the ". . ." button to allow me to add things like "Epic" and "Close" the way other team members do?
snapshot.PNG
The options on the list are mostly controlled by the project permissions. If you want to log work on an issue for example, you have to have "work log" permission. Check the permission scheme for the project(s)
All project permissions are exactly the same (we have one default) and I have access to everything but Developer tools in project & issue permissions, so I'm not sure that is the cause.
Permissions are the only thing that control the items on that list. It doesn't matter that you only have one scheme, what matters is what it says - do you match the rule that says "can log work" for example?
It does matter in that my colleague + I are both JIRA admins with the same permissions, and we both tested against the same project, and she was able to assign epics or close tickets directly on the backlog. Also, the Permissions section does not have any permissions available for tracking Epics or closing issues specifically, so I'm not sure how you would change those permissions to enable those actions if permissions are what's driving that view.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.