Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding configuring JIRA for our development team and I am not sure if I think too complicated or if the root cause is truly tricky.
Let's say we have a development team that focuses on three different products: home, smb and enterprise. Each product has its own release schedule, versions and milestones. However the problem is that all three products share quite a bit of the same code base (let's call it CommonCode or CC). All projects use code from CC but build different features on top of it.
First I thought we simply setup three projects (home, smb, enterprise) and start from there however the problem is because they share code, it very likely that a bug belongs in the CC bucket but will be filed in a product bucket. Ideally we want to make sure fixing the bug applies to all products rather than just one. Because of that I thought it would make sense to create a fourth project called CC and all common bugs go on there...but then time tracking and project management gets screwed up because it works on project basis.
Long story short: is there a more elegant way to achieve what we want? Or is there a way to combine time tracking reports and versioning reports to including the product project (home, smb or enterprise) AND CC?
Again maybe I just have a brain freeze and therefore any input would be more than welcome.
I apprecaite it. Chris