We have a small company (2 users) but I work with about 12 contractors at a time and regularly use/lose contractors as skills sets are needed. (I do a lot of odesk hiring for skills) I would like to assign tasks (and Wiki access) as these contractors work with me for days/weeks/months. Once they leave I would like a history of their work. But, it seems silly to pay for license just to keep a history over time. Ideally, I would deactive them but show them in history.
My other idea would be to hire everyone in roles (as licenses) and keep them permanant as the user names changed over time to reflect the individual. Then each individual would have to sign their comments, tasks, and Wiki's manually to indicate who actually worked on each item. This seems an overly complicated way to do things.
But, unless I come up with a better idea I'll wind up with an ever growing user base of inactive users that is costing me ever increasing licensing costs. How should this be managed properly?