I’m trying to develop an Issue event listener. After downloading https://bitbucket.org/atlassian_tutorial/jira-event-listener , I build it and deployed it into my local jira installation. It didn’t work. I couldn’t see anything in log file. After that I changed this code to see whether it is working or not. I threw an runtimeException in the listener method. But anything changes. I add this listener to jira listener in which Administration page. Are there any configuration in Jira?
If you've added it in the listener page, then that's where you have the "configuration in Jira". Have a look at the documentation for it to see what it should be doing and how to configure it.
Problem is resolved by restarting jira. @Nic thank you for your comment. I read documentation
how did you the problem resolved. because, i have same problem. i use jira 5.1.8. and I’m trying to develop an Issue event listener as you.
I added some print outs (see below), but it does not work. I see nothing on the catalina.out. it looks like the plugin is not loaded the JIRA and EventListener does not work.
eventPublisher.register( this);
System.out.println("REGISTERED");
}
/**
* Called when the plugin is being disabled or removed.
*
@throws
Exception
*/
System.out.println("DESTROYED");
Yes could you guys please elaborate on how you resolved the issue? I have the same problem of the listener not writing anything to the log file.
Hi Aykut,
Can you please help me in putting listener 'Name' and 'Class' on jira 'Administrator' page.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.