To date we've been annotating issues with labels to identify a feature request to a particular customer. The problem we ran into though was consistency (some people would use a label "CustomerX", some would use "Customer X", some would use "Customer-x", some would mix case, etc).
We have now decided to create a custom field called "Customer" (checkbox field) to allow us to more consistently associate tickets with customer names.
As such we want to bulk transition items which have a label to a particular checkbox on the Customer custom field (so issues with labels "CustomerX", "Customer-X", and "Customer X" be bulk edited to have the "Customer X" option on the Customer custom field checked).
The problem: if a ticket belongs to more than one customer (say "Customer X" and "Customer Y"), when I do the transition from "Customer Y" labels to "Customer Y" I will turf the previously set Customer values.
Is there any way to add a selected item to a checkbox custom field rather than overwrite it?
Essentially what I want is the "Add to existing" functionality that exists for other fields which can contain multiple items (ex: labels or components), but on a custom field.