Hi all,
We have an old version of Confluence, (Download version) 3.5.4, and I need to get our spaces over to our new OnDemand instance. I understand that I must upgrade to the latest version to be able to export my data in a form the OnDemand instance will accept.
I have a couple of "best practice" questions about this:
Can I make a copy of the Download version, and just upgrade it (thus giving myself a handy backout plan should things go awry)? That would also allow my users to continue to access the data while I am fiddling about with the export.
Also, can I jump right to the latest version, or must I go through intermediate versions first? If the latter, is it OK to just upgrade to the next major version, or do I need to upgrade to every minor and sub-minor version as well?
Thanks,
Charles