I have created a custom field and need for it to show on the Issue Screen. There is no initial input so I have set the default value hoping it would trigger it to show. However it still doesn't show. I have to edit the issue and input in the field within that screen for it to show. I have users that I want to be able to see it on the screen and input. I don't want them to have to go into the edit screen.
Figured it out.
Thanks,
Hi,
I suppose that you are talking about the Detail view on the Scrum board. As understand it is not possible use inline edit custom fields.
>> There is no initial input so I have set the default value hoping it would trigger it to show. However it still doesn't show.
As I uderstand you want to set default value before creating issue?
Documentation to create default value: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-default_valueDefaultvalue
You can also set default value in workflow in create transition. Documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-Postfunctions
Regards,Florjan
Information how to add custom field to Detail view: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Configuring+the+Issue+Detail+View
Hi,I'm interested - what was wrong?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.