Hi
I create add-on on Jira Cloud and I have some problems with plugin registration on marketplace and then installing its on local and „public” Jira Instance.
Add-on is written in Node.js + Express framework. I've used toolkit atlassian-connect-express to create this app. I've chosen Amazon Web Services to host this application.
To show you a problem, I've created a simple web application and I've made a few tests on local/public jira instance with locally and publicly running this application.
Test 1. Local JIRA (6.5-OD-05-041) and local application without automatic registration on hosts defined in config.json (I commented this lines, cause I wanted to simulate manual installation of addon)
I made the following steps:
1. Create new project SimpleAddOn (with command atlas-connect SimpleAddOn)
2. Comment defined hosts in config.json
3. Start Jira
4. Start SimpleAddOn application
5. Upload add-on by functionality on Mange add-ons
6. Installation was successful. Everything's run well.
Test 2. Local JIRA (6.5-OD-05-041) and application on AWS
1. Create new instance on AWS (Ubuntu), installation and configuration of nodejs.
2. Run same application SimpleAddOn on port 80
(http://ec2-52-26-200-109.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/atlassian-connect.json)
3. Add new private add-on on Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/files/1.0.0-AC/artifact/descriptor/5dec50ed-debd-4cfe-b7bf-2b3536dd436d/atlassian-connect.json)
4. Upload plugin on Local Jira Cloud Instance
5. Getting following errors
a) on JIRA side
„The add-on host returned HTTP response code 401 when we tried to contact it during installation. Please try again later or contact the add-on vendor. „
test2-screen-1.png
b) on Add-On side
[VERIFY] Attempt 1 : Verifying public key for instance http://my_host_name:2990/jira
[VERIFY] Attempt 1 : Could not retrieve public key for instance http://my_host_name:2990/jira to verify public key for instance http://my_host_name:2990/jira Waiting 2000ms before retrying. { [Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND my_host_name]
code: 'ENOTFOUND',
errno: 'ENOTFOUND',
syscall: 'getaddrinfo',
hostname: 'my_host_name' }
[VERIFY] Attempt 2 : Verifying public key for instance http://my_host_name:2990/jira
[VERIFY] Attempt 2 : Could not retrieve public key for instance http://my_host_name:2990/jira to verify public key for instance http://my_host_name:2990/jira Waiting 2000ms before retrying. { [Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND my_host_name]
code: 'ENOTFOUND',
errno: 'ENOTFOUND',
syscall: 'getaddrinfo',
hostname: 'my_host_name' }
[VERIFY] Attempt 3 : Verifying public key for instance http://my_host_name:2990/jira
[VERIFY] Attempt 3 : Could not retrieve public key for instance http://my_host_name:2990/jira to verify public key for instance http://my_host_name:2990/jira { [Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND my_host_name]
code: 'ENOTFOUND',
errno: 'ENOTFOUND',
syscall: 'getaddrinfo',
hostname: 'my_host_name' }
Installation verification error: 401 Unable to verify public key for host http://my_host_name:2990/jira: Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND my_host_name
POST /installed?user_key=admin 401 4019ms - 103bThere is my first question. Why installation process can not perform post '/installed' as in the Test 1?
In first test (Local Jira & Local app) there was no problem with this operation.
Test 3. Public instance of JIRA Cloud and application on AWS.
The difference between this test and Test 2, is that the JIRA Instance is available at public url.
So, in plugin installation step, when I was uploading add-on I've got this error:
test3-screen-1.png
What does this error mean? I'm confused, because when we create add-on on marketplace we can find following information
"Provide a URL with a standard port (80 or 443) for your add-on."
test3-screen-2.png
Test 4. Creating add-on on marketplace based on application served over HTTPS.
a) When I create add-on on marketplace from URL https://ec2-52-24-37-244.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/atlassian-connect.json
I've got following error
The Marketplace can't download your add-on using the provided URL. Provide a publicly accessible URL for your add-on.
test4-screen-1.png
b) When I try upload add-on on my local instance of JIRA Cloud I've got error
Problem accessing add-on file at https://ec2-52-24-37-244.us-west2.compute.amazonaws.com/atlassian-connect.json.
test4-screen-2.png
Does it mean that my SSL certificate is not valid? What should I do to resolve this error?
Thank you in advance for all your answers
Best Regards