I am trying to build adoption in the Confluence tool, but I need to be able to actually "see" data that tell me how things are going. Can I get access to these data?
Thanks,
Duncan
Can you be more specific about what data you want to see? Do you mean usage stats like that which Google Analytics shows? Or something different? If the former, then you could use GA to get all sorts of good information.
Hi Matt -
Thanks for the response. I am not looking for aggregate usage stats, although those too would be helpful. What I am looking for is to see exactly who is using (clicking into) the wiki and contributing to it. If I don't know how the wiki is being used, I am flying blind in optimizing the use of the site.
On Google Analytics (which still doesn't get to the person-level detail) - is that really an option for an OnDemand customer? I don't think it is?
Ah, ok. GA would not be useful for that data. GA does not give you visibility into individual user actions.
You can do alot with Confluence macros to get usage info, though. There are probably some plug-ins, too. I've used a customized version of Andrew Frayling's macro to get some additional data about users:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/33385/macro-that-produces-a-list-of-users-last-login-date
Thanks. More technical of an approach than I am probably able to handle it, but I will give it a shot. Is there an easy tutorial on how to implement a custom macro like this?
Hi Duncan,
If you wanted to use a plugin I would recommend the 'Confluence Usage Stats' as discussed here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Viewing+Space+Activity#ViewingSpaceActivity-notes
The example of the Space Activity tab seems to cover your initial requirements.
The default state of the plugin generating this data is disabled within OnDemand, as there is potential to impact the performance of your instance for large installations. If you would like to try out the feature just raise a ticket to support.atlassian.com requesting activation of 'Confluence Usage Stats' plugin for your instance.
Cheers,
Paul
Thanks Paul - I just submitted a ticket to try it out. We have <100 users so I think it is a low risk expeieiment
Best,
I'll keep a watch out for this and get it sorted for you shortly
We've created an add-on that gives some great usage statistics in Confluence Cloud. It includes an overview of activity but also the details like who has viewed a particular page.
You can find more information here: Analytics for Confluence Cloud
It's many years later, but I hope it helps you and the next person.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.