Hi!
I have come to a difficulty with JIRA when I am about to add an external developer from outisde my company to some JIRA projects.
Let's say that my company is A and his company is B.
My Company A has 10 projects in JIRA. And I have to add an external developer, so that he can see ONLY "project number 1". He cannot see other projects.
I tried this first with my another email and "test" user to see what access he gets after logging to JIRA.
So:
1. So in JIRA I create user "test".
2. By default he is added to "users" and "developers" groups. But this groups in our company have default access to all of the projects.
3. So I remove "test" from groups "users" and "developers" and create separate group for his company called "companyB".
4. In the project in which I want "test" user to participate, I give assign the roles of the user in the project and developer to the "companyB" group (I could also give these roles to "test" user only, right?)
5. After that I try to log in with "test" user and it just doesn't work. Why?????
6. If I add the "test" user the "users" group, the he can log in, but ... it gives him access to all the projects, which is not what I ment!
So therefore I cannot find the way for the external coworker to gim him account in my JIRA and limit his access to selected projects only.
What do you suggest? Maybe I miss something? This is cruicial to add external coworkers and limiting their access only to the stuff that they work on.
Kind regards,
Maciek
Warsaw, Poland