I want to be able to transition issues assigned to other users. To do this i need to change the workflow transitions, but don't know who. I can't find anything in the Atlassian documentation, nor anywhere else.
Andy,
Now, if you were NOT using the 'jira' workflow, to edit this workflow we've created a draft, so you'll need to click on 'publish draft' in a blue information box in the transition screen.
If you were using the 'jira' workflow, we'll need to change the association in the project to use the new workflow you created (copied):
After that, you should be able to transition the issues without being the assignee of them. I hope this helps!
See here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow on how to change a workflow. For your requirement, you have to edit the conditions of the transitions.
Henning
It's all in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow
Hello Andy!
On JIRA's default workflow theres a Condition on some transitions that says "Only the assignee of the issue can execute this transition.", I believe this is the condition that's causing you problems. If you edit your workflow to either remove the condition from those transitions or add new users or groups on that condition you should be able to perform the transition.
Please let me know if this information helps you!
Regards,Marlon
I understand that i need to edit the condition between steps that prevents anyone other than the assignee from transitioning a task through the workflow. I just cannot find any option to change a condition. That page only tells you about workflows, it doesn't tell you how to change conditions, or where they are held within Jira. Unless I am being completely stupid, which is possible.
If you read through the page (which we recommend because it goes over some concepts that you really need to know before you start editing workflows. Including how to actually edit them - look for copy, new and draft), you will find that it points directly to more documentation on Conditions, after saying that they're something you put in workflows.
I know it's a long document and I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to catch it all in a quick skim. But, it is a relatively complex thing to mess with, so the length is justifiable.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.