We want to create a custom space blueprint for projects at our company. Is this possible in a Confluence On Demand instance?
As far as I know it should be :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Adding+a+Template
These are templates, not Blueprints. While they partially achieve what I want, it doesn't support that nice wizard for setting up the Space that Blueprints support.
LoL, my bad, I sent the wrong page:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Working+with+Blueprints
This tells me how to create a page based on a provided Blueprint, or customize a provided Blueprint, but not how to create my own Blueprint for a page or a (more importantly for the original question) a Space.
FWIW, I believe it is possible to create a Connect framework plugin for an OnDemand instance that will let you create your own Blueprint.
https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/latest/modules/confluence/blueprints.html
What it doesn't let you do (I've already put in a request for this myself) is to create your own Space Blueprint plugin.
While creating Product Requirements and Meeting Notes and having them be organized for you automatically is great, it's disappointing to learn you can't extend this into other types of documents. Organization of Templates becomes really tedious in comparison to Blueprints.
I've figured out a close approximation of the ease of creating documents out of Templates and having some means of automatically organizing them and a quick link to create new templates. For example i want to create a "Change Requests" page that listed change requests similarity to a blueprint:
In the end you will get a list of the child documents (in the order of creation) and a button to quickly create a new document based on the template you created which is very much like the Blueprints function. You can promote the "Change Requests List" page template instead of the actual change request to force others to follow the method of organizing the individual requests.
Hello Jeff,
have you found a solution for your issue? I've already created my own blueprint page template but I'd also like to create a new space blueprint template which is visible in the CREATE SPACE dialog.
best regards,
thomas
Hey there,
since I didn't found any concrete feature request beside of many questions here, I created a new feature request Confluence Ecosystem/Connect JIRA as CE-958.
If this was 100% open source and free product it would have been 100% acceptable to troll new feature requests... why is CE-958 closed... we need this feature, writing Rest apps to do what already exist on stand alone version is not an answer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.