I have searched for this in the forum and have found similar things and indeed check the suggestions out but I haven't yet solved my issue. Basically, there is a default field (Found In) to capture the version. I want that to be a required field when creating a BUG (only). However, I'm stumbling out of the gate because I can't even get it to display at all. Here is what I have checked:
In the edit screen of an issue I have selected "Configure Fields" and "Where is My Field" entering "Found In" and it replies with all green check marks: "the "found in" field should be present on the form you are viewing". Hmmm, that sneaky field is good at hiding!
In admin/issues/customfields i have the Found In w/ Issue type(s): Bug and applicable context to Global context.
I also have the Found In set to Required in the Default Field Configuration.
Finally what is perplexing me further is that I have the "Reproducibility" field set to required for Bugs and it shows up in the create screen just fine.
Has to be something simple but I'm not finding it.
Cheers,
jack