So I and others don't accidentally create an issue in the wrong project. This happens pretty often by many people
I think the logic is to open in the project you last created an issue in.
Right, but most people in my experience expect that if you go to a specific project then try to create an issue, that the issue's project would default to that project you're currently in
For me this is already default behaviour. It is on Server instance though.
I open a project, create issue, project is set to current project. I cancel the issue, open a new project, create a new issue, project is again set to project I am currently in.
I raised this issue to deal with this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-59650
The problem is that it is a Server side property. Not a client side property. So opening up multiple tabs in different projects inteferes with the feature.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.