After accidentally applying collaborative editing to our entire cloud instance (I didn't notice is wasn't space specific, nor did I notice it is a one-way street, i.e., no uninstalling if I changed my mind), I crossed my fingers and beefed up the benefits to my team. I said, "guess what, folks, I've applied collaborative editing to all 30 of our spaces. It's going to really help us."
Sadly, we have come unstuck.
We have twice encountered a situation where, when two people have collaboratively edited a document, random words have been mysteriously deleted from the document when it was saved. I'm not talking one or two, but dozens.
The deletions at the beginning or end of paragraphs first brought the bug to our attention. It was quickly evident that a paragraph was beginning with a space followed by a lower case word, and then, hang on a minute, that sentence doesn't even make sense.
It was only when we compared the before and after versions that we discovered dozens of deletions that neither editor was responsible for.
This bug has SERIOUS implications. I raised it with Atlassian three days ago. No response yet. That's disappointing.