Hi
Can I sue the REST API Plugin in On Demand to edit issues such as add a custom field to exisiting issues.
Regards
Hi Showkat,
If I understand your request you would like to edit existing issues including those with custom fields. An example message to update assignee, priority and 2 custom fields for the issue QA-31 would be :
curl -D- -u fred:fred -X PUT --data {see below} -H
"Content-Type: application/json"
http:
//kelpie9:8081/rest/api/2/issue/QA-31
example input data
{
"fields"
:
"summary"
"CLONE - Testing label stuff"
,
"assignee"
:{
"name"
"harry"
},
"priority"
"id"
"2"
"customfield_10010"
:[
"asdf"
"centre"
"champs"
"charge"
"confluence"
],
"customfield_10071"
"purple pants"
]
}
There are a lot of other great examples of JIRA REST API available from here:
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+API+Example+-+Edit+issues
Thanks,
Paul
You most certainly can
Thanks. Paul.,. I did come across the web link..
Just wasn't sure if I am allowed to edit any issues in On demand using this process
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.