Hi,
I have a permissions issue on a Jira Cloud Free site.
Affected project/space: FEM
I am an administrator of the Atlassian organization. My account has the following access:
- Organization admin
- Member of org-admins
- Member of the Jira administrators group
- Member of the Jira users group
- Jira Administration: App admin
However, when I open:
FEM → Space settings → Development tools
I get the following message:
"Sorry, you can't view this page.
This page is only available to administrators of this project."
I checked my effective project permissions using the Jira REST API:
GET /rest/api/3/mypermissions?projectKey=FEM&permissions=ADMINISTER_PROJECTS
The response shows:
ADMINISTER_PROJECTS
- name: Administer Projects
- type: PROJECT
- havePermission: false
So Jira considers my account NOT to be an administrator of the FEM project, even though the account is a Jira administrator and is a member of the Jira administrators group.
I also checked:
FEM → Space settings → People
It shows:
"This space has 0 roles"
and:
"On a free plan, you can only add people using your site's administration settings."
Therefore, I cannot assign myself an Administrator role from the space settings.
Steps already taken:
1. Verified that the account is an Organization admin.
2. Verified membership in the Jira administrators group.
3. Verified membership in the Jira users group.
4. Refreshed/re-logged into Jira after changing group membership.
5. Verified the effective ADMINISTER_PROJECTS permission through the REST API.
6. ADMINISTER_PROJECTS still returns havePermission=false.
My questions are:
1. Why does a member of the Jira administrators group have ADMINISTER_PROJECTS=false for this Jira Free project?
2. How can I grant ADMINISTER_PROJECTS to my account on the Free plan, given that project/space roles cannot be managed from Space settings?
3. Is the project's permission configuration in an inconsistent state?
4. How can I restore project administrator access so that I can use Development tools without upgrading the site?
Any help identifying how to fix the permission configuration would be appreciated.
Thank you.