How can I bulk edit stories to apply a checklist t...
I have searched the Community and read the instructions including link above but I cannot determine how to assign an existing Smart Checklist template in bulk to existing Stories. The Workflow automation works great for new issues, but I have many existing which need the checklist.
Can someone explain how to do this please? The following answers did not explain how to set and run the trigger manually or in a schedule. Is there an actual guide?
Solved: Run Jira Automation Manually for existing Jiras
Thank you in advance
Hi @Tyler WattsCreate an automation rule with a Scheduled trigger, select Run a JQL search and execute actions for each work item in the query, and use JQL to identify the existing Stories you want to update.Then add the Import Checklist Template action provided by Smart Checklist and enter/select the ID of your existing checklist template. I found it in the Smart Checklist documentation:https://railsware.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHK/pages/3921608727/Add%2Ba%2BChecklist%2BTemplate%2Bon%2BIssue%2BTransitionRegards,Gor
Hello Gor
Thank you for the information. But this is not using Smart Checklist. This is just the default Checklist tool in JIra.
Regards
Tyler
Hi @Tyler Watts
Sorry, I misunderstood your original question and assumed you were referring to the Smart Checklist app.
For Jira's native Action Items/checklist, there isn't currently a native reusable checklist template feature that you can select and bulk-apply to existing Stories.
If you need to apply the same native Action Items to many existing work items, you'll need to build them into a rich-text field (such as the Description) through Automation, or use an app that provides templates/automation for native Action Items.
Hello @Gor Greyan
I AM referring to Smart Checklist app, I am sorry for the confusion. In understand your description is not for Smart Checklist.
But the instructions only tell how to set up an automation. I want to manually assign the Smart Checklist to existing Stories please, Can you advise how to do that?
Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.