Dear Atlassian Team,
I’m writing in response to the announced price increase.
While I understand that prices may need to evolve over time, I find this increase difficult to justify given my recent experience with Jira.
The quality and reliability of the tool seem to be declining rather than improving. Weekly, there is something that no longer works as it used to, behaves unexpectedly, or requires a workaround to get basic functionality working again. This creates additional friction and, more importantly, takes time away from the actual work the tools are supposed to support. (For example, see case JST-1337090, we are unable to assign tickets to anyone without a workaround of searching for the persons name, waiting for the list to complete and select a person.)
At the same time, it feels like a significant part of the investment and product focus is going towards AI. While I understand the importance of AI in the future, I don’t believe this should come at the expense of the core functionality, stability and usability of the existing products. Personally, I would much rather see investment in making the fundamental tools more reliable and consistent before adding more AI capabilities.
A price increase would be much easier to accept if the product quality and overall customer experience were clearly improving. At the moment, however, I am experiencing the opposite.
I hope you will take this feedback seriously.
Kind regards,
Cindy