Hi Atlassian community,
I recently have been working with teams where written communication is super important and Jira notifications are the only way to keep up with the number of changes. I often receive 20-40 notifications a day that I need to read/respond to.
My workflow is to use https://home.atlassian.com/notifications as the main portal for reading notifications. My issues are:
1. When marking notifications as read, they often re-appear within the next few minutes so I sometimes have to mark them as read multiple times.
2. To read a message, you have to open another tab, which is infuriating b/c it's a shift in context. I really wish Jira would have made this view work like Filter -> Detail view where you have a ticket list on the left and you click on a ticket and it shows up on the right.
3. I've played with the shortcut keys some, but the expand ("e") key doesn't do anything the majority of the time.
I feel like there has to be a better way and am hoping that someone has found it :-)
One thing I tried is Chrome's split view -- right click and "Open Link in Split View" or "Open Link in Right Side"