Dear the community,
I’m currently working on a content inventory project for our Confluence spaces. The goal is to export all pages along with their metadata — including Page ID, Title, URL, Parent Page, Status, Created/Updated Date, Creator, Last Modifier, and Access Restrictions — to help us audit and update our knowledge base.
We’ve tried using the “Export Space as CSV” feature, but the resulting files appear to be system-level data tables (for import/recovery purposes) rather than a readable page list. This makes it difficult to extract the information we need efficiently.
Here I come up with two question:
1. Whether there’s an official or recommended method to export a structured page inventory?
2. Any permission or security considerations we should be aware of when using the REST API for this purpose? As I may not reach the certain permission, I'd like to share those steps to our IT sector for the support.
Our intent is to perform this as part of regular knowledge maintenance, not for migration.
Thank you
Best regards,
Nico