Hello everyone,
In Jira automation, the default flow actor is the “user” called Automation for Jira.
I am currently creating an Jira Automation to post a comment on a work item in a certain project space. The content for this comment is created by an Rovo Agent.
My goal is to post this comment as a restricted comment on the work item only visible for to certain roles and groups.
When the Flow actor is set to "Automation for Jira", and Comment Vsibility to Role "Developers", I receive the following error on execution of the Flow/Automation:
Error adding comment to issue
You are currently not a member of the project role: Developers. (commentLevel)
It works fine when I set myself as the actor for the Flow (Since I am part of the 'Developers' Group). But this is not intended, as everything on the work item is now done on my behalf (History tab as well as receiving notifications): https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/run-jira-rules-as-another-user/
There is also no option for me to add the "Automation with Jira" user to the project space via "Add People" and grant the necessary role/group.
How can I post restricted comments with the default Automation with Jira "user" ? Or do we have to workaround here with a dedicated "Service User".