Hi
I am sure I am not the only one who have this issue, in a Confluence page where there is a lot of expand Macro, I would like to be have a keyboard shortcut to open all the expand macro on a page
Did anyone manage to crack this one?
Thanks
Inès
Hi @Ines Sadouk and welcome to the Community.
The short answer... no.
The idea behind the expand macro is that you, as a reader, only open it if you need it... upon reaching the expand macro.
However... if you're looking for something on the page and use the browser's CTRL-F (Command-F on a Mac), the search will still find the entry and it will open the expand box that contains the search string.
Hi @Kris Klima _K15t_
Thanks for letting me know, are you 100% sure that it will also search inside the macro because this is the behavior that my users are claiming does not work, we are on cloud version
Heya @Ines Sadouk - here's a Loom of what @Kris Klima _K15t_ is describing - you should just be able to CMD/CTRL+F the text and hit enter and it will find it.
Would be curious the use case for having a large number of expands and wanting to open them all? To Kris's point, this feature is meant to hide excessive text and allow individuals the option to view it - or not.
If it's hard to find specific info in an expand you might want to consider breaking it out on it's own page, or not having it in expand.
Hi @Ines Sadouk
I tested it just before posting my answer just to be sure. On Cloud.
I created two expands with text: yabba dabba doo.
Searched for dabba, it found two, and as I moved through the results, the expands would open.
Thank you so much, we will look into it but if Ctrl+F works even in expand content, I think that shall not be an issue
I had a look at Atlassian's public issue tracker (JAC) and found these:
There are more similar items. None of them implementing this solution.
All I can think of is creating a custom browser plugin to achieve this as a workaround.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.