Hi all,
We are seeing duplicate requests in JSM Cloud when multiple users are included in the same email thread.
Scenario
An internal user sends an email to our support address with several colleagues in To/Cc. JSM correctly creates the first request.
However, the other recipients are not always added to Request participants immediately. If one of them replies before JSM finishes adding them, their reply creates a new request instead of a comment on the existing request.
Example timeline
<span>00:27 - Original email received
→ REQ-1 created
→ Request participants partially updated, but User B is not included yet
00:34 - User B replies directly to the original email
→ REQ-2 is created instead of a comment on REQ-1
00:42 - REQ-1 is updated again
→ User B is finally added as a Request participant</span> The raw email headers look correct:
<span>Original email:
Message-ID: <original-message-id>
User B reply:
In-Reply-To: <original-message-id>
References: <original-message-id></span>
So the email threading information itself appears to be intact.
Environment & configuration
- Customer sharing is enabled
- User B is eventually added automatically to the original request.
- The raw
.eml confirms that Message-ID, In-Reply-To, and References are correct.
What I have tried
I tried to build an Automation workaround to add participants immediately after request creation. However, `{{issue.properties}}` only exposes the following propertie thus I could not find any property or smart value exposing the original inbound email To/Cc headers, so I cannot parse them myself and add the participants proactively.
<span>jsm-chat
request.public-activity.lastupdated
request.channel.type
request.channel.email.source</span>
Questions:
- From what I understand, Request Participant population for email-created requests is asynchronous. Is a delay of approximately 15 minutes expected?
- Could this delay cause the sender of a reply to fail the permission check and therefore create a new request?
- Is there any supported Automation smart value, issue property, or API that exposes the original inbound email
To/Cc recipients immediately? - Is there a recommended workaround for this race condition?
Thanks!