My company uses Jira and JSM (cloud based). Currently people in the company can raise a ticket in JSM to ask something to be changed by our Salesforce Admins. Through "magic" (automations, etc), a linked ticket is created in Jira which is where the Salesforce Admins work is assigned.
When the Salesforce Admins have the item ready to be tested, they update the status of their ticket, the "magic" then moves the JSM ticket to User Testing and via email, notifies the customer (our coworkers) that the item is ready to be tested.
I am the Jira admin for the company (mostly because I accidently raised my hand once when I wasn't fully paying attention...
). I've been asked if we could also notify people via Microsoft Teams when their ticket is ready for testing because not everyone checks their email.
Rovo has sent me down multiple rabbit holes on how to get this setup. And today it finally tells me "Ooops I was wrong... you need to use Microsoft Power Automate instead". So I am coming to you all for help. I'm sure there is a way to do this, but at this point I am about to just give up!
Steps already taken:
1. I have an automation already set up that notifies people that a story is user testing via email. I'm hoping to just add an action on that same automation.
2. I have Jira Cloud set up in Microsoft Teams and it's sending me automated stuff based on my personal notification settings.
3. In Atlassian Admin I have Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams and it has the green check mark that it's enabled.
4. For actions in my automation I see Send Microsoft Teams message via webhook (but I think that only goes to a group chat? Doesn't send a direct message to someone?) Rovo is telling me I should see an action for Send Microsoft Teams message and I don't see that as an option.
What am I missing?
thank you!!