Hi there!
My team works on the discovery and design process of demands using a space in my organization, while the development team works in a different space within another organization.
I created a dashboard to track the open demands in the other organization, and I would like to show the demand's status in that organization on this dashboard. However, the dashboard does not support smart links, displaying only the issue URL from the other organization.
To work around this, I considered asking the other organization to allow cross-organization issue linking. However, I hit the same wall since the dashboard still does not support smart links.
Another solution I found was creating an automation that fetches the status of the issue entered in a custom field (manually filled with the other organization's issue URL) and inserts that status into another field. The automation would run a few times a day to keep the field updated. However, for this to work, the other organization needs to allowlist Jira's IP address, and I am running into issues doing this due to their security policies.
I would like to know if there is any other way to solve this problem—specifically, allowing me to view the status of the issue from the other organization on my dashboard. Is there a way to make the IP making the request be my organization's IP instead of Jira's IP?
Any suggestions?
Thanks!