When migrating a company knowledge base from Notion to Confluence? What broke, and what would you do differently?
Details:
I run an worldwide e-commerce business. Notion has been our main knowledge base for everything (processes, documentation, project tracking) and it has grown to the point where it loads slowly and is unreliable as the system my AI tooling reads from. I want to move to Confluence.
What I've done so far:
- Decided Confluence is the better long-term substrate, mainly because I need a knowledge base an AI agent can read from reliably, not just one people read
- Scoped the migration to a single department: the one I run myself with external partners, so nobody else's work is disrupted while I learn what's involved
- Not started the import yet. I want to hear from people who have done it before I move anything
Where I need input:
- What did the import handle well, and what did you end up rebuilding by hand?
- Notion databases are the part I'm least sure about. What did you map them to, Confluence databases, tables, page properties, or Jira?
- How did you structure spaces and permissions differently from how you had Notion set up?
- Anything you'd do differently if you started again?
Happy to report back on how it goes.