I'm looking for a way to automatically suggest or populate Confluence pages in Jira tasks based on title matching.
Use case: When someone creates a Jira task titled "Login performance issues", I want Jira to automatically find and display related Confluence pages (e.g., "Login troubleshooting", "Performance optimization") in the "Confluence content" field on that task.
Example:
- User creates Jira task: "Database connection timeout"
- Jira automatically searches Confluence for matching pages
- Finds pages titled: "Database troubleshooting guide", "Connection pooling best practices", "Performance tuning"
- Automatically displays these pages in the "Confluence content" field on the task (not in comments)
- Developer can read/edit these pages directly in Jira without switching tabs
What I'm looking for:
- Is there a built-in Jira Cloud feature that does automatic title-based matching between Jira tasks and Confluence pages?
- Is there a Marketplace app that provides this functionality?
- Can the "Confluence content" field be auto-populated via Jira Automation or REST API with matching Confluence pages?
Context: I used to have this feature at a previous company and I'm trying to recreate it in our current Jira Cloud instance.