I have JSM working with SLAs and Automations that send an email reminder to a Customer if they haven't responded to the Agent in # days. This is done by adding a public comment that is shared with the customer.
After # of more days, I'd like to escalate the issue by adding the customer's manager's email address as a CC to the email. I don't see a place for adding an email so I think I have to add the manager to the ticket (Request Participants). I can do this manually.
Where this gets complicated is that I need to automate the process. In Assets, I setup locations, people, and manager relationships but can't figure out how I can use those assets in an automation to add the Request Participants.
In Assets, I have people linked to a location and the location linked to a manager. For example: Person1, Person2, and Person3 are linked to Location1. Location1 is Linked to Manager1.
The request is emailed in by Person1. I want to find Person1 in Assets, follow the link to their location (Location1), follow that link to its manager (Manager1) and add that manager to the ticket.
I've been reading lots of documents but I can't figure this out. Sure hope someone can help.
Thanks!