Hello, guys!
I have a situation. We did a project for a large company.
I will not mention it, but I will say that it has 5,000 employees.
We will finish the project and there was little delay before second phase.
Now we begin the second stage, and then we suddenly found that ....
OUR DATA WAS DELETED.
(That post created after I talk to Atlassian by mail/ticket/phone and get answer
that data is lost and there is no way to recover it)
Our account was expired 22 August, and now 27 Septeber and its deleted.
Without real warning. We believe that this horrible treatment of customers.
We are atlassian customers for several years, and used the downloaded software.
And now we've decided to try it software onDemand for speed and ease of creating the project.
Now I appeal to Atlassian and ask all you guys to support me.
We stored in your cloud not a pictures of our dogs and cats
No music and no home video. We stored here real documentation and
real base ticket of a REAL service that really works, which
supported people who get REAL salaries. This is REAL world and now it all deleted.
We kept here VERY important business data.
We kept there data on the project, which was developed for 8 MONTHS.
And you know what? It was deleted for $10 debt and 5 days overdue.
ITS CRAZY.
We have ONE warning letter that our data will be deleted.
We did not notice that, really. It`s just little letter.
But you can not delete IMPORTANT BUSINESS DATA after just one letter.
This is monstrous.
My domain registrator before removing domain registration
sends me a letter every day during a month. I`ve got letters from him EVERY DAY.
It says just "YOUR DOMAIN WILL BE DELETED AFTER _X_ DAYS"
That's how you must work. I noticed it. I am sure that my domain will always be with me.
But what happened to the data of my project that our team worked 8 months?
It deleted. Not backuped. Not saved. IT DELETED.
8 MONTHS DELETED FOR $10 DEBT AND 5 DAYS OVERDUE.
It`s deleted after one letter where there was NO ONE BOLD/CAP LETTER.
We use JIRA on our server, and we know that it makes backups by default.
Confluence also makes backups by default. It helps us a lot sometime.
We keep them about a half of year.
But now our data deleted because we were late for 5 days. FIVE DAYS.
(We pay before August 22, the data is stored for months, today, 27 September)
And you told us - no, your data is erased.
We ask you - make an exception for us.
I'm sure that there are backup somewhere.
Because you can not work like that. You can not delete other people's BUSINESS DATA without warning.
It's not ethical. It is illegal. It is confusion.