Hi Community,
I'm looking for the best approach to implement the following requirement in Jira Cloud.
Setup
I have a Master Project that contains around 100 issues. Each issue represents an asset/application record and contains:
- Asset ID (Custom Field)
- Application Name (Custom Field)
- Environment (Custom Field)
- Support Group (Custom Field)
Example:
Master Project Issue
Asset ID: 100
Application: Payment App
Environment: PROD
Support Group: L2 Team
Requirement
In another project, users create issues using the same set of custom fields.
When a user enters: Asset ID = 100 and click on create button.
I want Jira to automatically:
- Find the matching issue in the Master Project.
- Retrieve the values of all other custom fields.
- Populate those fields in the newly created issue.
Note: when user enter Asset ID in create screen, and as soon as click create button then automation rule should find the Asset ID number which matches to other project issue and auto update the below fields after ticket creation.
- Application Name (Custom Field)
- Environment (Custom Field)
- Support Group (Custom Field)
Thanks,
Prathap DL