Here is the scenario:
All spaces in Jira are private and can not be searched by folks not assigned to the space authentication group. All spaces are company-managed.
We control permissions by assigning the Authentication group to the team member role. The update permission scheme then uses the team role for permissions.
Now we want to set up the team and remove team members' access to add/remove or change details. They don't want to use Official Teams as this then puts the overhead on the admin to maintain the teams, and they change frequently.
From the article below, it states in part, "Users must have Browse Users and Groups global permission before they can add members or make changes to a team."
I removed any_user and replaces with Groups and set it up as group-specific.
Browse users and groupsView and select users or groups from the user picker, and share issues. Users with this permission can see the names of all users and groups on your site. | |
This issue is now that I have this set up, even though I am part of the group with access,
When I try to add people, it says they do not have access
"We can’t add xxxThey may not have access to teams in your organization".
So that means if they are not in the group, they can't be added?
Any suggestin on how to make this work correctly?
https://support.atlassian.com/platform-experiences/docs/start-an-atlassian-team/