I am attempting to import about 800 issues using the CSV import to Cloud Jira/Jira Agile. I have looked at the help documentation regarding the fields I can use and how to use them, and the behavior I'm seeing from JIRA is not matching with what the documentation says, as far as I can tell.
I have created a number of custom fields, and I can map those to JIRA just fine.
Here are the fields I am having difficulty importing to Jira:
- Date Created - Not available to map (*1)
- Status - Not available to map (*1)
- Assignee - Not available to map to (although my "View Field Configuration" screen shows it) (*1)
- Project Name - Not available to map (*2)
- Project Key - Not available to map (*2)
- Comment - Not available to map. I have configured my csv to contain multiple columns named Comment, so I can create several (child) comment records with my new Issue (*2)
- Component - This field maps, but the importer will not create new values (I have over 100 components I am referring to in my issues, they all fail in in my import tests)
The help documentation I am referring to is:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Creating+issues+using+the+CSV+importer
(*1) - I am doing this according to the instructions in the section Tips for importing CSV data into JIRA fields
(*2) - I am doing this according to the instructions in the section Importing issues into multiple JIRA projects
Thanks in advance for the help. I am really struggling here and welcome any sage advice.