Paid Jira Member
Free Confluence plan 1 user
Well I have been a long term Jira user , bought a Perpetual Licence , expired around 2018
when I went to reclaim it was informed well a Cloud version is being rolled out and I should use it
I was encouraged to use Cloud version. I obliged , not that I had any options , I used the system it was useful. It was suggested to use the Free Tier as I am only 1 user
Tried out Confluence put some started to use the free Plan, 1 User
2025 came I had a medical leave stayed away from work for year and next thing I know
I get message that my site is deactivated for confluence & Jira
"I was told I had to login once every 120 days or 150 days" in 2025
I experienced Data Loss , I could not understand the loss but I accepted it
I figured sure I was away for medical leave I did not use system so it was deleted
I returned back 2026 started using JIRA got paid subscription , and got Free plan for confluence , Now I used the system for while took break for 1-2 months in 2026
This time I paid more attention organized my stuff more nicely . I did not made physical copy thinking , well it is the Cloud it is more secure and more reliable
Again I get my confluence site abruptly deleted , and I am paying customer for JIRA
This time I even logged in and update page in confluence an saved it , and system never picked up that I logged in
Data Retention Policy clearly states
60 Days Data retention for "Free" , Standard, Premium , Enterprise plan
https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/track-storage-and-move-data-across-products/
I opened a ticket today as the inactive site was visible in my billing / subscription
Well I thought ok I can just click and revive the site , I clicked nothing happened. It stated to contact support , I did contact support after a huge loop of jumping thru AI and multiple form redirects until I reached submit button
Now someone is saying sorry we can't revive your Confluence
When earlier I did see a message about logging into system , I logged in and used the system
a) I logged in made changes to the data in Confluence , even after doing that my site was deleted against my wishes
b) I stated clearly July 17th was site deactivation , it should be revived as Company has 60 days data retention
c) The inactive site was visible in my Control panel until morning today the button functionality stated "please contact support" , when I contacted the support the site stopped appearing in my control panel
Here is little input for Executives who track user experience
I used the new AI features , when I was going thru the process to create ticket
AI took my info , and showed me a blue submit button, and it erased all my detail which I posted into the chat
When I added the context back , it did not show me the blue submit button . Instead it took me to a "Need support link" , the need support link , now again re-starts the process to create a ticket but a completely different user interface. It was a circular loop as it happens in Coding , you jump between two support forms , one on public site and one internal
I had to try creating support ticket 2-3 times until the form actually showed me the blue submit button again , something which should have took 5 minute took 45 minutes of refreshing page , telling AI agent , look I am just trying to submit my ticket so someone can act on it
Finally I get email back , from someone , "oh we can't revive your site ", but here is a empty instance of confluence
But it contradicts the 60 days retention policy and , automated re-activate feature in Cloud Software
My site was deactivated July 17th and I am under 60 days retention period
How can this type of data loss happen , not once but this is 2nd time now for me
I clearly logged in , confluence , edited a page and even saved it
So stuff don't add up
If my site deactivation is under 60 days why am I being told the site can't be revived
Giving me back a empty instance of Confluence is not a solution
The person indicated that a fresh new install is available for usage , I am left scratching my head , but my request was for site re-activation not give me a empty confluence site
So need help
I can't seriously be loosing my Data in Confluence 2 times in 2 years , it is unheard
Now funny thing is when creating this forum post , it won't even show I am a paid JIRA member
I really can't believe this is happening
Policy clearly states Data Retention for 60 days
60 Days Data retention for "Free" , Standard, Premium , Enterprise plan
https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/track-storage-and-move-data-across-products/
The whole Support mechanism is now a Circular loop , one support form , takes you to another support form page it is very difficult to get clear cut answer
I am frustrated beyond belief that as a Last resort I had to post on community form
to vent out my frustration
I mean the whole point of using these tools is no data loss as you experience on physical hard drive