I had a JIRA account for my company, and after some time, when I try to access any of the items, I get an error. If my account was deactivated, is there any way to recover it?
Hi @erika ,
Can you contact your Jira administrator? If your account was deactivated due to inactivity, they can check its status and reactivate it if possible. Or is it your own Jira account? If so, can you reset the password? What's the error you see?
Totally depends on the error message. If your account was suspended or deactivated or access/ license was removed. You will need to reach out to your company jira administrator. They will be able to search your account from email address. Usually the data is still attached to your account.
Hello @erika
This is Jira Cloud Premium, so Atlassian's Free plan inactivity cleanup does not apply.
Ask an Org Admin or User Access Admin (Product Admins cannot manage users) to check your account in Atlassian Administration:
Check if your account is Active, Suspended, or Deactivated (and look for SCIM/SSO problems in your identity provider). Confirm your Jira app roles and access groups are still assigned.
To reinstate suspended accounts, an admin clicks "Restore access."
If your login works but specific work items fail, it's likely a project permission issue, not account deactivation.
What specific error message are you seeing?
Best,
Arek 🤠
HI @erika
Here on the portal we can't grant access to instances. This is a public community forum for users of Atlassian product to help each other, but we can't access instances or grant access to instances.
Not even official Atlassian Support will honour such a request.
You will need to contact an admin of the instance or the IT department of the company the instance belongs to.
Thank you! I am the company admin, and we were on a free account. It looks like the account was deactivated. I’ve sent a support request to request reactivation. I am not sure there is any additional recourse?
I am the company admin, my account is still there but all of our boards and projects in both Jira and Confluence are gone, showing as deactivated.
@erika
No
@Marc -Devoteam- are right. Only support can give you a deterministic answer on that. Your best bet is to wait for an answer from them.
We can't inspect the backend of Users; we can only more or less help troubleshoot using our own experience.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.