Hello,
I am an admin for our Jira Cloud site and our users are using managed accounts with Entra ID SSO.
Two users (for example: exp-ext@xxx.com) want to change the language of their Atlassian account from French to English. We followed the official documentation:
Avatar → Profile → Manage your account → Account preferences → Language
However:
For these users, the language setting is not editable / not available, and they are told to contact an administrator.
I tried impersonating / logging in as the users and I see the same behavior: the language cannot be modified from the Atlassian account preferences.
In admin.atlassian.com, the user is shown as a managed account, with an Entra ID SSO authentication policy. I can see the user details (apps, groups, security, etc.), but there is no option to change the Atlassian account language for this user.
I am a Jira admin and have admin access to admin.atlassian.com, but I do not see any setting at the organization level to override or set the user’s language.
My questions are:
Is it possible for an org admin or site admin to change the Atlassian account language of a managed user on their behalf?
If yes, where exactly can this be done in admin.atlassian.com or elsewhere?
If not, is this a current limitation of Atlassian Cloud for managed accounts, or is it a bug that prevents users (and admins) from changing the language?
Is there any workaround to force the Atlassian account language to English for specific managed users?