I've recently returned to Jira after some time away and noticed a few changes.
The "Issues" settings now seem to be called Work items:
When I created a new Company-managed project a few days ago, I noticed that the Story work type was duplicated.
Both entries had exactly the same name, icon, description and edit page, so I assumed one was a duplicate and deleted the second one.
My questions are:
- Is it expected to have two Story work types in a fresh Jira Cloud instance, or is this a bug?
- I also noticed that the Story icon is now blue, just like Task. If I remember correctly, Story used to have a green icon. Is this part of the recent UI redesign?
Current icon:


Previous documentation still shows Story in green:
https://www.atlassian.com/agile/project-management/epics-stories-themes
I didn't create any custom work types manually. I'm the site administrator, and this happened immediately after creating the project.
Has anyone else experienced this?